ZSIC General Insurance exists to optimise the provision of customer oriented insurance services guided by good corporate governance principles and best practice. An equal opportunity employer and a member of IDC Group of Companies, ZSIC General Insurance seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill up the following position:
Underwriting Assistant – Kabwe Office
Reporting to the Underwriter.
- To assist checking proposal forms and other related documents prepared by the prospective clients to ensure details are correctly completed and decide to either accept or reject proposal form.
- To inspect motor vehicles, properties and equipment to assess their state of condition.
- To assist assessing the risks and give guidelines as to the underwriting terms and conditions and expectations for risks within own approval limit or recommend to superior for approval with regard to risks above own limit.
- To prepare the Risk Profile for all portfolios’ for Third Party Insurance.
- To inform the superior (Superintendent) if there is any business with sum insured which are beyond our underwriting capacity and inform Reinsurance Department using advice slips.
- To prepare COMESA Yellow Card returns.
- To assist issuing quotations within twenty-four hours.
- To prepare credit installment plans subject to consent by superiors
- To issue cover notes within twenty-four hours.
- All underwriters are expected to participate in preparation of renewals and issuing of cover notes.
- To assist issue policies and must issue at least ten policies within one week.
- To assist issuing endorsements within 48 hours.
- To assist issuing renewal notices for all classes of business within a week and two months before they are due.
- To carry out Motor Assessments as per management instruction up to a limit of K15,000.00.
- To confirm cover details to claims section.
- To perform all claims processing duties as requested by the Branch Manager.
- To ensure that Key Facts statements are completed and signed by Clients.
- To perform any other duties assigned to you by Branch Manager or Assistant Branch Manager.
- Marketing, Sales or Public Relations Practice
- Good customer service practices
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- General insurance
- Insurance Act
- PIA Regulations
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Diploma in insurance
- A member of the Zambia Institute of insurance
EXPERIENCE (PERIOD AND TYPE)
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Marketing and selling skills
- Team player
- Innovative, initiative and result oriented
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Attention to detail
- Customer Service and Sales oriented
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should send their applications to email@example.com not later than 24th May, 2023.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Director – Human Capital,
ZSIC General Insurance,
P.O. Box 30894,